Friday, October 3, 2014

Project Proposal

Chinwe A. Onuoha
Convergence
October 3, 2014

                             Last semester, I wrote a short story called, "A House That Never Stood." I wrote that story for my independent study class, which was facilitated by Professor Robin Gaby Fisher. As I wrote each chapter, I was more focused on getting an A than making sure that everything was perfect. Not to say that my story wasn't good, but I feel like I could do a lot better - especially since I want to publish it.

                              For my midterm project I want to work towards publishing "A House That Never Stood." I was given the basic steps on how to be a published author, but the main issue is that I don't have an agent to help me. Since there are a lot of networking opportunities online, especially on social media, I could take advantage of that and see where that avenue will takes me.

                           

2 comments:

  1. Chinwe -

    I love your idea! Make sure you don't just focus on getting an A like your last class. But focus on making the best book possible. Has it been edited by a true editor? If not try to do that. Also look online for opportunities to pitch your book to a small company, I am sure they exist out there in the world wide web!

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^ I like Benjamin's comment, in that have you gotten it edited throughly enough? I'm not sure what publisher to recommend for getting it published because i don't know what the book is about, but whatever publisher you choose try to relate it to the topic of your story...and focus on trying to get through to the right channels a lot of publishing is just knowing the right person to talk to.

    Look into the PR people for the publishers and branch out from there.

    ReplyDelete