Friday, October 3, 2014

For my project, I would like to compose a song or rap regarding the influence Instagram has on women. Since Instagram, if not social media as a whole, the idea of what beauty is has been disorted even more so than pre-existing ideas. I was thinking of either writing an original song or recreating a popular one.

Music is a great way to influence audiences without them even realizing it. Catchy songs are sang or rapped over and over, causing the unintentional memorization of it. Therefore, I want to create something that could resinate and influence. I will cover issues pertaining to the deception portrayed on social media outlets such as Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea.

    Assuming that you have an Instagram with followers [plug your Instagram here],

    why not use the app's fifteen second video feature to sing songs about the influence Instagram has over women. Anytime you get an idea or inspiration for a song upload it then edit them all together for a compilation video at the end of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, like this idea. I think using a powerful platform to address issues with another platform is great.

    Kind of reminds me of "All About That Bass" by Meagan Trainor. If you haven't already heard the song, she addresses the magazines and the media and encourages women to embrace who they are despite "beauty standards." I think it'd be a good song to reference.

    ReplyDelete