Thursday, October 23, 2014

Project Proposal- One Newark Unexpected




As an Aspiring film producer and public educator, for my project I plan to produce a 10 minute long mini-documentary on the new education reform plan, One Newark. My documentary will explain both sides of opposing stakeholders of the reform plan. The intent of the documentary is to educate and have both sides of opposition understand everyone’s concern. Ultimately this film will start to have people reconsider their position as wells as their opposition’s, come to agreement, and provide an education system that works. 
        There are many unanswered questions that I will answer in my documentary to cause those on both sides of the conflict to come to an agreement. To gain attention I will share my documentary on YouTube, Facebook, twitter and petition to have it posted on NJ.com. I believe this documentary will launch my career in producing and education because my topic of choice is controversial and involves high political figures. It will display my ability to critically think and create content. Also it involves common folks which will allow me to reach both ends of the spectrum. 

                                              

Continuing my research, I will interview, Ras Baraka, The jersey Jazzman (educational blogger), Corey booker, current teachers and principals, council men, and board of Ed staff.  I will also consult with Mark Diionno, reporter from Star Ledger and People Organization for Progress.




1 comment:

  1. Very good way of using media to shed light on issues that is normally ignored. I suggest that you begin filming early and setting up interviews, especially with the politicians.

    Also, will you be filming alone or will you have a film crew?

    Overall, great idea.

    ReplyDelete