Thursday, October 2, 2014

Intro // Marvin


My name is Marvin O. Pineda and I am a Video Production major at Rutgers  Newark. A couple of my major passions are film, music, sports, martial arts and making people laugh.  Throughout my busy day, I keep up with my Instagram and Facebook accounts. I follow, share and like things that truly interest me. I think it’s important to stay true to yourself by not getting indulged by the things that others may approve of. Media is everywhere now, there’s no escaping it, phones are taking over, less eye contact, more texting, where’s the fun in that? You should do and express the things you like and the right people will love you for it. This is a privilege we get to express, which is withheld from so many others around the world. I’ll be graduating in May 2015, and this will allow me the free time to begin my journey.  


I want to make films that inspire, entertain and convey a sense of importance. Besides making films I love, I want to be financially successful with my films, I want to make millions, which will allow me to accomplish other goals of mine. I want to raise the standard of living for people everywhere. It’s 2014 and some airlines provided free Wi-Fi, yet there are millions of people that live in extreme poverty and do not have the privilege of a private toilet. I want to make a different in this matter in a large scale. Housing a family, building a school will not suffice, I need to do more and I hope people will believe in my cause and lend their support. 


 My mission is simple in nature but the execution is like begin across Mike Tyson in the 1st of 12 round of your fight. I want to house and build homes for people around the world, give kids that aren’t even born yet, the opportunity to better themselves and their communities. With the impact of social media today, I know that I can share my cause and reach people I could never have imagined meeting. Every class I’ve taken has inspired and influenced me in many different ways; I truly enjoy learning. Understand how culture and media are meshing together will allow me to project my mission as a Mission not just my mission. Getting people involved from all over the world in order to accomplish a simple yet complex goal.  

Global Education & Skills Forum 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment