Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ulysses Achonye - The Man, The Myth, The Legend

My name's Ulysses Achonye and I am a journalism major and a music minor.  My dreams are to work either at a music magazine/website like XXL or Billboard.com.  I also wouldn't mind writing sports articles for ESPN or Nfl.com.  I am very opinonated on both music and sports so I would definitely be a great fit.

I'm an avid user of social media.  It has helped me greatly in my journey to my goals in life.  I recently tweeted out the dislike of an article on xxl.com, where a writer compared a new musician to a legend.  I thought it was too early to make such comparisons and tweeted the editor-in-chief about it.  She actually followed me, but has yet to say anything to me.  Twitter has also connected me to musicians.  LL Cool J followed me at one point and DM'ed how much I am a fan of his.  His response was and I will never forget it, "Peace and love."  I produce records, so I'm always looking for the next big rapper or house act and twitter has connected them to me and me to them.  The power of social media is unreal and I will continue to use it throughout my journey.  You can check out some of my music here: https://www.youtube.com/user/CocaineAudi0

No comments:

Post a Comment