Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hello, my name is Caroline. My major is Journalism. I am  currently in my last year,  even though I will have to take some classes over the summer/winter break. I am taking 6 classes currently, and have 3 jobs and just moved into my first apartment, so I am beyond stress this semester. I took 3 years off of school to work in the city, and thinking that making 30,000 a year at 19 was good enough, I soon found out, it wasn’t! I came back to school and finished my Associates at Bergen Community College. I got accepted to Rutgers at the Business School, but then realized that I want to pursue what makes me happy and that is writing. At this point of my life, and being 24, I am nervous if I can do journalism, but I know when and if I can tackle this, I know I can be an amazing reporter. I find my media online, on CNN, MSNBC and other new shows. I recently just joined Twitter for this class and I can see already how big of a role Twitter is with Media. I am also starting to listening to more AM stations. My overall objective in my academic goal is to freshen and heighten my vocabulary/writing/grammar. I also want to learn a lot more about the video/audio aspect of journalism. I feel like I need an internship ASAP but I am not quite ready yet, as well as, I literally do not have the time. I know next semester and the summer I need to find an internship and ideally I would like to land at a major network, like ESPN or ABC. I know when I get hands on experience I will be able to learn this field much more. This is my dream and I will not stop to fulfill it.

My interest is to educate myself and really “nurture” my brain. The scariest thing to me is staying the same. My father, who is my idol, is a very intelligent person because he worked hard and read a lot. I want my child to be able to look up to me, as well as anyone else in my life.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd6kRYhkaKk

No comments:

Post a Comment