Thursday, September 18, 2014

Intro

Hey guys,

My name is Maxine Macias. I was born and raised in Jersey City. I'm a journalism major and video production minor.

Media, mainly pop culture, has been of interest to me my whole life. You can say I'm rather obsessed with celebrities. When it comes to academic goals I'd really just like to graduate this spring. Professionally, I'd like to be a producer of a show, either television or radio. Something that allows me to be creative. I think media consumption and studies not only fits into my life because that's what I go to school for and what I want my career to be revolved around but because everyone's life is pretty much revolving around media in general nowadays. It's pretty important to understand and critically think about the media that surrounds our everyday life.

Social media is an obsession of mine where I'll have my phone on me almost at all times checking my Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Vine, etc. Lately it's where I mainly catch up on the world and also my main source of entertainment. Here's a selfie.



Also, I was taking some BuzzFeed quiz about the true meaning of songs and the meaning of the "Paper Planes" by M.I.A. really stood out to me when it wasn't about drug dealing like I thought but about immigration and when you watch the video it's crazy how a catchy song can make such a strong statement. Watch it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment