Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hello, my name is Arbrey Tucker. When I was a child, I wanted to enter the justice system as a judge--you know, to help people while doing awesome things for the community. Unfortunately with time and a developed understanding of how society operates (and the media), I soon realized not too many awesome things are handed from the justice system to the community I represented. This along with my inability to follow directions has led to my not wanting to pursue a career in the justice system. Now let’s talk media convergence and all that good stuff. While knowing how to work instruments of technology came natural to me, I am often reluctant to embrace this recent wave of technological advancements. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against being able to fly through the skies at a million miles an hour or going to a hologram Tupac Shakur concert; but sending sensitive information to a central server for storage??? No thank you, I will pass. While I do understand the importance in advance technology for the progression of mankind, I am somewhat uncertain if these gains outweigh the negatives. Mass media have given humans the capacity to construct things that would have otherwise be of great difficultly, while at the same time he is becoming increasingly dependent on it for survival. Now I’m no survivalist or anything like that, but it wouldn't be too far-fetched to imaging a scenario where mankind is crippled and filtered away by some diabolical media fiasco as demonstrated in that “War of The Worlds” radio frenzy.

If you can’t beat them, join them right??? Mass media ties into my life, as I am in the process of developing a social project called “NexWayv”, which I hope one day could revolutionize the way the online world interacts with; well, the real one.  Here’s is a symbolic picture I drew, which sums up everything there is to know about mass media convergence while raising a few questions…

No comments:

Post a Comment