Wednesday, September 17, 2014

About Me:

Hey my name is Evan a senior in the journalism program here at Rutgers. It's been a long journey since I first started, but I'm glad to see it finally coming to an end. Over the years I've learned and seen a lot, both academically and personally. Being able to learn from so many diverse people and professors has given me a greater outlook on life rather than the mundane and sometimes troublesome occurrences in my hometown of Newark. When I first picked journalism I just figured that I like to write, so it as a career path wouldn't be that hard. Now that look back on that decision I believed I made the right one. Something about the interviews, the sources, and the quotes and being able to put it all together intrigues me. I just recently was given the opportunity to intern at Complex Magazine which is a dream come true.

I have a passion for culture, fashion, and music so I see this as the place I want to be. Magazine writing is my goal which is very dear to me so I can't wait for the day my name graces the by line in Complex. The media plays such an a integral part of my day to day functions. From constantly checking blog sites, emails, and current events the way technology has evolved to make everyone more in tune with the world through a few key strokes is fascinating. But just as the world changes everyday I am well aware that so will I. I am ready to not just embrace it, but look forward to the challenges I face in order to reach my goals. Journalism is making great strides; its not only about newspapers anymore, but video and social media, two aspects I have developed skill in. The closer my collegiate career draws to a close the more things are starting to look up. I figure as long as I keep an open mind and positive attitude things could only get better.

www.complex.com


No comments:

Post a Comment