Monday, December 1, 2014

FINAL PROJECT // Art Is More 2.0 // Benjamin G. Nazario

Benjamin Gabe Nazario
Convergence – Fall 2014
Final Project
2 December 2014
Art Is More 2.0
(Art Is More - Promo Picture)

     For my final project I decided to build on an old idea I had last semester. I made a video for my Imagery & Culture class called “Art Is More.” It consisted of a variety of artists simply preforming their specific art form. This video was more of a visual piece; there wasn’t much speaking in it. It was pretty close to a music video, but it had meaning. So for this project I decided to expand on this whole idea that art is more than what people think it is. As an artist I personally do not believe that art gets as much credit as it should. Art is what makes the world go round in my opinion. For "Art Is More 2.0" I wanted to find out if I was the only person who thought this or not. I eventually found 3 very talented artists who are also professors at Rutgers University. I interviewed them and asked them a variety of questions like, “If art evaporated from this world what would life be like?” or “What is art in your definition?” These questions eventually expanded into more in depth questions of how they thought art was more than what people think it is.
     
(Art Is More - Promo Picture)

   
I am very happy with this project as a whole. I have decided to submit this video in 2 or 3 film festivals. However, I will have to wait for the time slot that I am able to submit it, but for now this video lives on Vimeo as well as my personal freelance website www.BGFilms.org. Both my Vimeo account and my website have a good amount of traffic per week, so I am sure this video will get out of this classroom. My one hope for this film is to let artists know that they are not alone. That even if all the people around them think that art is just a game, it is not. They could see this and know that there are others that believe art is much more. There are others that believe that art can change the world, as we know it. There are others that believe that art is more.

(Art Is More - Promo Picture)


Works Cited

Madhani, Aamer. "Obama Apologizes for Joking about Art History Majors."  USA Today. Gannett, 19 Feb. 2014. Web. 20 Oct. 2014.

"Motivational Music - Move Forth." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 20 Oct.  2014. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4mzM-eL_QE

Nazario, Gabe. "Art Is More. {Prod. Benjamin Gabriel Films}." Vimeo. Benjamin Gabriel Films, n.d. Web. 20 Oct. 2014.

"Obama's Art History Comment." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 20 Oct. 2014. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezlfATUxlyw


Resource List:
-       Canon EOS 70D
-       Tripod
-       Slider
-       Sigma Zoom Lens/Canon 50 mm Prime
-       Go Pro Hero 3+
-       Lens Kit
-       Possible Production Assistant (2)
-       Interviewees (4-5)
-       MacBook Pro
-       Editing Software (FCP 7/After Effects CS6)
-       Music (The Secession – Move Forth) * link above
-       Audio Equipment (Rutgers Video Program)
o   Zoom Audio Recorder
o   XLR Wire (2)
o   Lavaliere Microphone
o   Shotgun Microphone
-       Lighting Equipment (Rutgers Video Program)
o   2 Soft box lights
o   1 Pro light
o   Light Stands

o   Multiple wires and dimmers for lights

No comments:

Post a Comment